Cathedral Picnic Area – Mount Buffalo National Park
Before you tackle short, yet steep track past the spectacular granite tor of the Cathedral, and up to the summit of the Hump (1695m), fuel up at the Cathedral Picnic Area.
Facilities: The Cathedral Picnic Area has toilets that are only open for busy holiday periods
Mount Buffalo is a National Park and respectful visitor conduct is expected at all times. Please follow the below rules when picnicking at Mount Buffalo:
- Please ensure to take your rubbish with you, or dispose of when bins are provided.
- Dispose of soap and detergent at least 50m from waterways.
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it. Do not feed the wildlife.
- Where possible, use a portable gas or fuel stove. Light fires only in the fireplaces provided.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.